Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Community Development
This online course equips you with the introductory knowledge and skills that you need if you want to pursue a career in community development. When you study this course, you will learn the basics of providing different types of support within communities.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to play an active role in the development of your community.
- You want to support people in your community.
- You have just completed school, and you want to learn more about the field of community development before you decide to pursue a career in this direction.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme, endorsed by the Independent Institute of Education (IIE).
8 -12 months
- You must be able to read and complete assignments in English.
- You must have access to the internet.
- Community development values
- Community health and disease management
- Understanding poverty in communities
- Supporting the vulnerable in communities
- Sociology and the community
- Students are required to complete 2 assignments.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Community Development from Oxbridge Academy.
The Independent Institute of Education (IIE) is South Africa’s largest registered and accredited private provider of higher education. They are registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and is a subsidiary of ADvTECH, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.